I’m Paraic and as of November 2020 when I’m typing this, I’m a marketer, self-educated WordPresser and pretty bad kitesurfer. I enjoy little productivity hacks which I will be sharing on this blog, helping others to learn new skills and just generally sharing my ideas on how to get more done in less time so you can spend you time… living.
What I’m working on right now
- 🧮 I’m a member of the marketing team for Omnipro and ProfitPro. We have operations in Ireland and the UK and mostly offer training and business coaching for accountants. My team is fully cross-functional, which is pretty unique. I usually get a lot of questions about how the team works, so I wrote this blog post to help explain it.
- ✍️ On this website I write about anything that tumbles through my head, which is usually based around productivity, time hacks to help you do more in less time and overall try to help people live a better life (corny, I know).
- 👨🏫 I’m currently making a course on a topic that has always been close to my heart, helping people get online. Be that a blog, a website for your business OR a membership site to sell your knowledge (kinda like this one I guess). I’ve been doing this for over 10 years and it really is so easy anyone could do it. So I’m setting out to prove it!
- 🚗 Last year the Irish government introduced a NOx charge for all imported or newly registered vehicles, but there was no easy way to find out what the NOx emissions were for a car you wanted to import. So, I’m trying to fix that issue at the moment with a funky little database of NOx emissions and the relevant extra charges. It’s nearly finished too!
- 🤫 I have some more ideas of how I can help people in the long run, but it remains to be seen when I can get around to all of them. Maybe a YouTube channel, maybe a podcast… who knows!
That seems like a lot, I know. You can see where I get my love of time hacks and productivity from. It’s not easy to come home from your 9-5 job and start doing something else, but it is possible.
Other interesting stuff about me
- 🧑🎓 I was always pretty rubbish at the whole school thing and didn’t even go to college until I was a mature student, but I somehow managed to get a Masters in Business in 2014. I’m tempted to do my PhD just ‘cos it’s the last thing left to do!
- 🤳 When I was in college, my first business was repairing phones. I dropped my iPhone 3GS into a mug of tea but I couldn’t afford to have it repaired, so I learned how it all worked when I tried to repair it myself. Turns out it was easy and it was a fun way to make some money in college as smartphones were just blowing up at that time (Yeah, I’m old!).
- 👨💻 College also introduced me to something which has been a real cornerstone of my work life, WordPress. Even though we didn’t have a class on it, we did have one on basic web design and I absolutely fell in love. I learned how to use WordPress in my spare time and I’ve been playing with it and building sites since 2009.
- 🏄 When I’m not “being productive”, I try to do some type of watersport or outdoor activity, typically one which involves going fast on things. Like cycling up a big hill to go really fast down the other side (I haven’t done this is a while, but it is fun).
Want to know more or just chat?
- 🐤 Twitter: I’m pretty active on Twitter, I’m usually on there 3 or 4 times a day and it’s the only social media app which I have notifications turned on for. I also blogged about why that is.
- 📨 Email: If it’s a bit longer than Twitter is good for, send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. I check my email periodically during the day, so it should take me longer than a few hours to get back to you.
- ☕ Real chats: I miss meeting people now that COVID is a real thing, so if anyone wants to have a chat about any of the stuff I write about here, work or even just what your fav coffee is this month, email me to book a time to chat. If we can meet in real life, I’ll even buy you coffee (or tea, or good old fashioned water… no judgment here).